Register | Login
Top Ten Leadership Qualities
Submitted by CoreyBevan
Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Behind ever see and every skyscraper is a leader; A leader who brings efficiency and progress. Yet, most of these leaders are difficult to find. Well here I will discuss the top 10 characteristics of leadership. If you wish, you may even add some fun and have your team (and maybe yourself) rate themselves on every single following aspects of leadership.
"Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people."
John D. Rockefeller
1. Mission - Leaders understand what their mission is. They understand why the business exists. A very good leader has a well planned mission describing the intention of the business. That purpose doesn't need to be esoteric or abstract, but instead descriptive, clear and understandable. Every follower should be able to identify with the mission and strive to achieve it.
2. Humbleness - Truly leading to serve - Let's put it like this, if your boss seems to have no respect for you personally do you need to really keep working there? My guess would be no. Some major business leaders might not follow this rule, but there are many who are extremely successful that do follow it. However, this rule is tricky because in today's society, many people enjoy pretending to be humble, but not really caring about others. Truly humble leaders will work to use his abilities to help others as much as he can.
3. Solving problems after Facing Them - Observation is a leadership method used by most leaders to identify some problems. Fixing these identified problems is the immediate next step they take, during which they will not devote time unproductively by gathering garbage information in an attempt to stall out the problems before them. Whatever issue is, a good leader will tell his observations to his team and explain to them the course of action they have chosen. Then they will work together to solve all the issues. It would be a negative trait of the leaders if they ignore the identified problems or stay defending themselves.
4. Constantly Improving - Truly successful businesses are always successful, even when the economy makes it difficult for most. It's because those companies are always changing to accommodate new educational methods, processes, systems, policies, and constantly asking how they can make things better and much more efficient. Sometimes this may involve cutting out certain things, or may mean adding new things in.
5.Creativity - Creativity is the skill to think differently, to get outside of the box that constrains solutions. Creativity gives leaders the ability to see things that others haven't seen and thus lead followers in new directions.
6. Invests in the Business - One way to define leadership is to ask the question, does he support his business? If a leader is constantly helping to grow his business by investing wisely, he'll find success. If he spends his money to better the right areas, he'll get more money out of it than he put in, but it's all a true balancing act. Good leaders will be able to find that balance.
7. Communication is Clear, Consistent, and Concise - Communication is probably the key characteristics of an effective leader. It's also one of the most difficult. Good communication is also a balancing act. One where you can't give too much information, for fear of not being direct enough, but you have to give enough so that people truly understand the situation. True leaders have the ability to find this balance and will use their communication skills often and directly.
8. Clear Instructions - When the people don't know exactly what they are doing, it badly effects any organization. To tackle this issue, every company should have an leader, who will guide his team with proper direction and coordination. He should know the important parts of the project and make his team work on them, rather than wasting time on unnecessary works.
9.Commitment - Commitment means spending whatever time or energy is very important to accomplish the task at hand. A leader inspires commitment by example, doing whatever it takes to complete the next step toward the vision. By setting a good example, leaders can teach followers that there are no nine-to-five jobs on the team, only possibilities to achieve something great.
10. Knows How to Laugh - Even though running a business is very serious, effective leaders are able to find the balance between the serious side and the fun of it. A fun leader is a person that people can respect, if they don't take it too far.
All of these characteristics is a balance, one that can't be taken too far, but must be taken far enough. But if you know your own strengths and weaknesses, you can find a way to achieve each of these traits and find true success.
"Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes."
That's it, The Top 10 Leadership Characteristics. My question for you is... Do you have the characteristics in being an excellent leader?
Learn the Power of Leadership with EmpowerNetwork.
Read more about Leadership.
Add CommentYou do not have permission to comment. If you log in, you may be able to comment.
Top Authors1 Stebee (3155)
2 limalan88 (2920)
3 alien82 (2756)
4 kajuba (2508)
5 sverdlow (1712)
6 jamiehanson (1707)
7 juliet (1691)
8 robertoms2003 (1388)
9 MarkeD (1296)
10 manhealth1@gm.. (1294)
11 AnthonyF (1244)
12 articles (1205)
13 LouieLiu (1190)
14 artavia.seo (1141)
15 gprather (1071)
Record Android Sensor Data
|2Checkout.com, Inc. is an authorized retailer of ArticleTrader.com||